Are you looking for an adventure in the spectacular Kyrgyz countryside that is affordable, yet relaxing and will leave you wanting for more breathtaking views? This 4 day horse riding tour to the alpine lake of Song Kol is perfect.
Song Kul is the second largest lake in Kyrgyzstan after Issyk kul. It sits at 3016 m (9895 ft) above sea level. It is surrounded by a broad summer pasture and then mountains. The area is inhabited and safely accessible only from June to September by car but you can visit it on a horse anytime of the year.
Watch the farmers milk mares, drink mare’s milk, try to spot some of the many bird species that live in the area, and take a dip in the fresh air and an absolutely stunning view of the sunset over Song Kol Lake. Don’t forget to bring a tripod to take photos of the beautiful starry sky at night, with the mountains and the lake in the background.
- Day 1: Bishkek to Kyzart by bus. Have lunch in Kyzart before horse riding for 3 hours to Kilemche. Dinner and overnight in a yurt.
- Day 2: Kilemche to Song Kol by horse. Horse riding for 3 hours. Stay overnight in a yurt.
- Day 3: Hike around the area. Horse riding in Song Kol from Jaman Echki to Tulpar Tash for 2-3 hours.
- Day 4: Song Kol to Kyzart, horse ride for 4 hours. Lunch in Kyzart. Bus back to Bishkek.
|Nr. of persons: price|
|1: 22 500 s||6: 84 800 s|
|2: 31 900 s||7: 105 100 s|
|3: 42 400 s||8: 115 200 s|
|4: 63 800 s||9: 125 600 s|
|5: 74 300 s||10: 167 300 s|
Including: horse guide, horse rental, helmets, meals & accommodation.
PLEASE NOTE: Transport to/from Kyzart is not included. Marshrutka #541 costs 400 som. It leaves 07:00 or book a taxi from Apple Hostel – 6000/car.
Duration: 4 days and 3 nights
- trekking boots/gaiters,
- weatherproof warm clothes
- rain coat
You can rent any equipment you might need directly from us.